Enquire Now whatapp Enquire Now

B.Tech In Mechanical Engineering

Eligibility

Minimum 50% aggregate in PCM / as per AICTE Norms

Passed in Higher secondary examination (10+2 pattern) or appearing in Higher Secondary examination in the current academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as major subjects in regular stream from any state board within India, CBSE, ICSE, Matriculation, or NIOS

Admission Criteria

For B.Tech. program, admission is done through National level entrance examination conducted by SRM Institute of Science and Technology or authorized /statutory boards or agencies. In addition to the above, the eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as well.

Any Candidate qualified in IIT JEE Main will be admitted directly even if the candidate doesn't take SRMJEEE.

Career Path

Mechanical Engineers are blessed with a large variety of opportunities as it is a multidisciplinary field. Our students can be found working in various capacities in the fields of Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Automotive, Robotics, Steel, and Information Technology. Many of the core industries regularly visit and recruit our students through direct campus interviews like Rexroth Bosch Group, Saint-Gobain Corporation, Hyundai, Larsen & Toubro, Mahindra, etc. Many of the IT industries have a CAD/CIM division as well that helps increase the job potential of mechanical engineers. Around 70% of our students are placed in reputed industries, practicing both core and allied engineering, through campus recruitments, while the remaining 30% prefer higher studies in India or abroad.

The jobs offered to our students can be broadly classified into the following functional segments:

  • Research and Development (R&D):They work on research areas in the private, public and government sector. They are responsible for creating new machines and their constituent parts.
  • Design:Professionals whose responsibility is to draft technical drawings, manually or with the aid of computers.
  • Production: Engineers who supervise the manufacturing of mechanical components and machines.
  • Analysis and testing: Engineers who analyze and test different types of machines and their parts to ensure that they function flawlessly.
  • Installation: Professionals who install machines and mechanical parts at the client’s location.
  • Maintenance: Engineers whose primary role is to ensure that machinery is working as per specifications.
  • Product Design Management (PDM): It is one of the most important roles where our students help design innovative products for further production. PDM is part of a company’s strategy and determines their way of doing business and functioning.
  • Project Management Learning (PML): The basics of production remain the same whether you use it for modest manufacturing or the latest software development. Our students are well-versed in the techniques of PML and its implementation.

Syllabus

Download in PDF

Fee Structure

Programmes Tuition Fee Per Year (Rs.) One Time Registration Amount Rs. (Non Refundable) Extra Curricular Activities Security Deposit in Rs. (Refundable) Total Amount in Rs.
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) - 4 Years 1,75,000 10,000 10,000 1,000 1,96,000

 

Other Fee

Other Fees Amount
AC Hostel Room Rs. 85000 (P.A.)
Security Deposit - AC Hostel Room Rs. 10000 (Refundable)
Non AC Hostel Room Rs. 50000 (P.A.)
Security Deposit - Non AC Hostel Room Rs. 5000 (Refundable)
Hostel Mess Fee Rs. 50000 (P.A.)
Health Club (Gym) (Optional) Rs. 5000 (P.A.)
Laundary Service (Optional) Rs. 6500 (P.A.)
Bus Fee-Delhi, Noida, Mohan Nagar Rs. 50000 (P.A.)
Bus Fee-Ghaziabad & Meerut Rs. 40000 (P.A.)

Mode of Payment

Tuition Fee, Registration Fee, Security Deposit

Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of "SRMIST", Payable at New Delhi

Hostel, Mess and Bus Fees

Demand Draft to be drawn in favour of "SRMIST", Payable at New Delhi

Important Note to Parents / Students:

  • The allotment of room will be the basis of "First Come, First Served".
  • SRM IST has not appointed any agents or consultants for admission.