Mechanical Engineering


The Mechanical Engineering Department has a structured program that prepares students for a broad range of career choices in the field of mechanical engineering. The course is designed to provide students with greater flexibility to study mechanical engineering and its knowledge of design as well as the production of tools, machines and all other mechanical equipment.

The Department offers a plethora of options across many interdisciplinary specialties dealing with all types of machinery used in various industries. It also disseminates knowledge of their functioning, design, development, construction, production, installation, operation and maintenance.

The Department produces mechanical engineers who are a driving force behind many technologies and industrial processes such as large steam and gas turbines, components of thermal power stations, internal combustion engines, jet engines, machine tools, air conditioning and heating machines, refrigerators, etc. Our students are also involved in the design and development of innovative products like mobiles, PCs, DVDs, gaming consoles, etc.

We offer specialization in the areas of thermal engineering, design, production engineering, etc. that helps students to gain suitable employment with some of the most reputed manufacturing firms. Our students are usually chosen for administrative and managerial positions in the public and private sector industries, government departments, research as well as for teaching positions with world-renowned research and teaching institutes. Some of our students also opt for roles as technical sales and marketing managers or work as independent consultants or as entrepreneurs.


To impart knowledge to our students in an ambience of Humanity, Wisdom, Intellect, Creativity of Innovation, in order to nurture them culturally and ethically rich professionals with bright future.


  • To impart quality education to produce mechanical engineers and enhance their skills to become world renowned professionals.
  • To establish Centers of Research Excellence to inculcate research acumen in faculty and students on the areas like; machining, biomechanics, bio-fuels, composites, and energy.
  • To provide state-of-the-art education and training programs to the faculty and student fellowship.

Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)

  • PEO 1

    Practice mechanical engineering in different disciplines towards system design, realization, and manufacturing.

  • PEO 2

    Enhance professional practice to meet the global standards with ethical and social responsibility.

  • PEO 3

    Solve industrial, social, and environmental problems with appropriate techniques and tools.

  • PEO 4

    Work in large cross-functional teams and pursue life-long learning.


Mechanical Engineers are blessed with a large variety of opportunities as it is a multidisciplinary field. Our students can be found working in various capacities in the fields of Health, Energy, Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Automotive, Robotics, Steel, and Information Technology. Many of the core industries regularly visit and recruit our students through direct campus interviews like Rexroth Bosch Group, Saint-Gobain Corporation, Hyundai, Larsen & Toubro, Mahindra, etc. Many of the IT industries have a CAD/CIM division as well that helps increase the job potential of mechanical engineers.

Around 70% of our students are placed in reputed industries, practicing both core and allied engineering, through campus recruitments, while the remaining 30% prefer higher studies in India or abroad.

The jobs offered to our students can be broadly classified into the following functional segments:

  • Research and Development (R&D): They work on research areas in the private, public and government sector. They are responsible for creating new machines and their constituent parts.
  • Design: Professionals whose responsibility is to draft technical drawings, manually or with the aid of computers.
  • Production: Engineers who supervise the manufacturing of mechanical components and machines.
  • Analysis and Testing: Engineers who analyze and test different types of machines and their parts to ensure that they function flawlessly.
  • Installation: Professionals who install machines and mechanical parts at the client’s location.
  • Maintenance: Engineers whose primary role is to ensure that machinery is working as per specifications.
  • Product Design Management (PDM): It is one of the most important roles where our students help design innovative products for further production. PDM is part of a company’s strategy and determines their way of doing business and functioning.
  • Project Management Learning (PML): The basics of production remain the same whether you use it for modest manufacturing or the latest software development. Our students are well-versed in the techniques of PML and its implementation.